Friday, May 22, 2026

Sleep

After a long and tiring day, my sweetheart and I finally hit the bed. It was past midnight already. As soon as my head touched the pillow, I could feel the Angel of Sleep staring to flutter her wings that worked its charm just like a lullaby.


Somewhere in between the flutter I heard a deeply familiar voice asking me a question which was equally familiar for the frequency with which I encountered that on a daily basis. It sounded something like this, 'So, what are you doing for losing the weight? Any plans?'

Before I replied to the query, which seemed to have come from the other side of the bed, and not the Angel in the room, I must have dived deeper into my sleep. I do not recollect answering that question.

The next day morning, as I was getting my coffee ready, my significant other walked into the kitchen with an even more significant frown on her face. I was wondering what did I do? I had a sound sleep whereas my darling wife clearly did not seem to have enjoyed one.

After a few moments of cajoling, she finally spoke. Here was what really happened, apparently. As soon as the question on my plan on losing weight was asked, I responded and that ticked her off.

The conversation went like this, allegedly:

Her: 'So, what are you doing for losing the weight? Any plans?'

Me: 'I have reported it to Lost & Found section. As soon as they find it, they will return it safely.'

Moral of the story: Drinking and driving is dangerous. But there are far more life-threatening combinations like sleeping & talking! Please avoid, if possible. Else...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Secrets of Travel Light

Do you often see yourself dragging heavy bags during your vacation? Have you wondered if you will ever be able to travel light? Do not worry...