Saturday, June 8, 2024

Promise

Still or sparkling? A question truly awakening.

The bearer who served our table, was nothing but able.
Into my glass he poured, water that indeed glowed.
I raised the glass for a toast, celebrating the success with a boast.
Not so far from this bloom, the other side of city slept in gloom.
While sparkling water tickled my taste buds,
A boy my age was filtering water off the bugs.
Little did I know, the blessing of access to water that flow.
Earlier today the kitchen sink got blocked.
Frantic calls brought the plumber all chocked.
Fixed he did everything that broke,
Soothing the brains loomed in anger of smoke.
Zoom in back to the dark little slum, the boy there still feels the glum.
Lavatories that didn’t exist and drainage that hygiene desist.
Germs, diseases, and despair were all what gave them company,
Clean water and sanitation was nothing but a dream that still accompany.
Promise I do what I can, to make the life for the boy better as I can.
The least we all can do, is to bring a smile on faces with much ado!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back in Time - A breath-taking journey through UK!

I love reading and I distinctly remember my school days when a wonderful world of fantasy unveiling in my mind through all the animated seri...