Thursday, October 10, 2019

Luca, I ‘hate’ you!

Disclaimer: I never attempted a movie review before and hence you may find this weird. The only reason why I decided to follow and watch ‘Luca’, a Malayalam movie that got released on 28 June 2019 was that a friend was the co-writer. But that is perhaps the last reason for writing about this movie now. If the movie ‘Luca’ was a person, here are the seven reasons why I ‘hate’ Luca!

Luca, I hate you for being a celestial experience that made people write tonnes about you. Having introduced to you for a while, I couldn’t stop myself from reading those reviews that sadly made me judgemental about a few characters at least. I know deep down in my mind that I could appreciate some of the onscreen personalities better if I met you first before knowing bits and pieces about you.

I strongly urge anyone reading this who has not watched the movie yet, to stop reading this right now and all other reviews. Watch the movie first. It’ll be one of the best investments of your time!

Luca, I hate you for making me wait for 45 minutes from the beginning to bring a smile on my face. I blame my judgemental mind for that. Before even I knew that smile found its way to my face, the moment Niha decided to give Luca a hug for the first time. It probably was the most innocent moment in both their lives. A beautiful beginning of many such tender moments ahead.

Luca, I hate you for rekindling some of the most sensitive emotions that were lying deep down in my heart. Looking back, I now love those moments I got overwhelmed with the blanket of love with which you clothed me.

Luca, I hate you for walking ahead of time and applying the concept of FaceApp when you sketched her sweetheart’s picture for Kunjamma and showing her how he’ll look twenty years later! You could see the future and here is my earnest wish for the artist in you to be alive till the time a year comes when it does not rain for all twelve months!

Luca, I hate you for teaching people around you to talk in silence. How did they learn to speak through their eyes? How did you make their hearts reach out and embrace each other while sitting across a table with no words spoken? A crumbled piece of paper and a dead cat. Past buried and love is future!

Luca, I hate you for making history at the end. Has the world ever seen anything like this before? I doubt. It is probably my ignorance, but the very little I’ve seen and known, does not tell me that I’ve seen anything similar before. This Luca, is your sheer brilliance!

Finally, Luca, I hate you for one more reason. A reason that is not because of you I know. I hate you for reaching the cinemas in Kerala when I hardly had time to come to you. I hate you even more for reaching Dubai when I had left my sweetheart back home! This is the greatest regret I’ve Luca, that I couldn’t give you both our hearts. You now be content with just one.

But let me tell you what I’m going to do as soon as I reach home next week. I’m going to drag my love to meet you because I do not want her to lose the sheer bliss of experiencing you!

Lost in love! Long live Luca! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing the beyond!

We were in Bangalore at the beginning of second decade of the millennium. The city was probably breathing its last few days as one of the co...